Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sunday- a treasure for the saints

   I can truly say that it was good to be in the house of the Lord today. To meet with with a group of people for the common purpose of worshiping the Lord, what a rich treasure!  In Sunday school this morning it was wonderful to see how the college kids were musing over how to be more deliberate and intentional for the sake of Christ as individuals as well as a class. 
       During church it was wonderful to hear about the wisdom of God that is so far above anything I can comprehend.  By the way, I'm so thankful to the nursery workers who are serving the Lord by keeping my son so I can listen and glean from the teaching of the Word.
     Tonight, Mark and I were able to visit a church nearby to hear Scott and Juli Fulks, friends from college, present their burden for Spain. I'm excited for God's leading in their lives and pray that during this time of preparation they will be blessed and mature into all God has for them. 
    It is such a treasure to be able to be called a child of God and to be known by Him. We have been given so much and often I forget to meditate on all that is mine in Christ. Thanks be to God, who saw fit to give his Son to die, allowing that separation so that I might know intimacy with Him.  

2 comments:

mom and dad said...

beautiful amy. you used the word treasure several times... remind me, i have a new tune for a verse. love, mom

Pam Mattick Art and Stuff said...

Love your blog, love your heart's desire. Love you Amy!
As Ever,
Pam